Buttermilk And Honey Wheat Bread
- 1 c. buttermilk plus
- 1 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine cut small pcs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. Eagle Mills Best Loaf Bread Machine Flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- Have buttermilk and butter at room temperature. Place ingredients in bread machine in the order listed. Use basic white bread setting.
- This recipe yields a 1 loaf.
- Comments: This makes a very nice loaf of wheat bread everyone will enjoy. This bread is great on its own, but also makes great sandwiches and wonderful toast.
- Helpful Hints: Need to hot your buttermilk in a hurry Place it in the microwave and heat on high for 30 to 40 seconds. To hot your butter at the same time cut it into small pcs and put it in the buttermilk!
- Do not have buttermilk One c. lowfat milk plus 1 tsp. cider vinegar can be substituted.
- Yield: 1 loaf
Leave a review or comment