Cumin RicePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Joyce Leung6 recipes>
This rice is a delicious mix of cumin and cinnamon. It provides a nice, slightly sweet flavor, that is a perfect complement to any middle eastern dish. The only dishes I would avoid serving this with are sweet dishes with dates, figs, etc. I served it with my Braised Lamb with Beans. It was great!
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook onion, garlic, cumin seeds, and cinnamon stick in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until onion softens - 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, sugar, pepper, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tencer and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and discard cinnamon stick if desired.
Leave a review or comment