Cuban Style Chicken
- 3 1/2 lb Frying chicken cut in 16 to 18 pcs
- 1/4 c. Strained fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. Dark rum
- 2 x Cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. Annatto oil
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 c. Vegetable oil Rice, Or possibly ... Fried plantains
- In a large glass bowl, mix together the lime juice, rum, garlic, annato oil, and soy sauce. Add in the chicken pcs and turn till thoroughly coated with the mix. Chill for 2 to 3 hrs. Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together and spread in a shallow dish or possibly on foil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Throw away marinade.
- Dredge chicken in flour mix. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil till a haze appears. Fry the chicken pcs, turning occasionally till brown on all sides. Serve warm with rice or possibly fried plantains.
Leave a review or comment