Crustless QuichePrep: 20 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 8by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
March is here! Does that mean spring is just around the corner? We sure hope so. This month at Carolina HeartStrings we decided to celebrate “wearing of the green” with some really yummy Irish dishes and since Easter is just around the corner too we thought we would use one of my favorite things in recipes. . . . . . . eggs! I love them. Boiled, scrambled, fried is usually how I eat them so I decided to stretch myself a little this month and try something new. This crustless quiche is the first new one I created and it turned out delicious. A definite new hit at my house.
- 1 cup shredded potatoes, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 chopped ham
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray pie plate with cooking spray. Place the cup of shredded potatoes in the pie plate. Press them down into the plate so that it is molded into the plate like a crust. Sprinkle the salt and pepper around on the potatoes. Place in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. The potatoes will become crispy and golden. (If they are not golden and crispy enough for you at this point, leave in for a few minutes longer). Place the mushrooms evenly around on the potato crust. Place the ham on top of the mushrooms. Pour the eggs over the top of the potatoes, ham and mushrooms. Evenly spread the cheese on top. Place in the oven and back for approximately 30 minutes. Test the center to be sure it is almost set. Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Will finish cooking and set perfectly before cutting. Serves 8.
Leave a review or comment