Crockpot Chicken-Shrimp PaellaPrep: 10 min Cook: 520 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Crockpot Chicken-Shrimp Paella is an easy, quick to assemble recipe for this classic Spanish recipe. Chicken thighs, shrimp, and smoked turkey sausage with onion, peas and rice. Seasoned well with turmeric, black pepper and chopped garlic for a flavorful and delicious slow cooker meal. It is a generally healthy, low fat, low calories, low carbohydrates, Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Makes 6 Servings.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lb cooked. smoked turkey sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cooked medium size shrimp, thawed, rinsed, peeled, deveined
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken thighs. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Drain off fat.
- Place onion and garlic in slow cooker. Top with chicken thighs. Sprinkle with thyme, turmeric and black pepper. Pour chicken broth over all ingredients. Cover; cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken thighs from slow cooker 30 minutes before serving. If using low setting increase heat setting to High. Stir in rice, peas, sausage and shrimp. Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture. Cover; cook 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve with chopped tomato if desired.
Leave a review or comment