Crockpot Chicken PaellaPrep: 10 min Cook: 4-8 hours Servings: 6by RecipeKing54 recipes>
Crockpot Chicken Paella-is a delicious recipe for a Spanish meal which takes only (10) minutes to prepare. Main Ingredients include: chicken thighs, turkey sausage, shrimp, onion, green peas, rice and seasonings. It takes from 4 to 8 hours in the slow cooker for this hearty and delicious meal. It is also a low calories, low fat, low carbohydrates, Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- (1/2 lb.) fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 (8 oz) package frozen cooked medium-size shrimp, thawed, rinsed, peeled, deveined
- 1 medium-size tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1. Melt butter in a 10" skillet until sizzling; add in chicken thighs. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, 4-5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Drain off fat.
- 2. Place onion and garlic into slow cooker. Top with the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with the thyme, turmeric and black pepper. Pour chicken broth over all ingredients. Cover; cook on LOW 6-8 hours, or on HIGH 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Remove chicken from slow cooker 30 minutes before serving. Increase heat setting to HIGH. Stir in the rice, peas, sausage and shrimp. Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture. Cover; cook 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Leave a review or comment