Crock Pot Beef Roast with Garlic and HorseradishPrep: 20 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 12by Kyle Dalakas101 recipes>
Delicious, savory and easy, this is one crock pot recipe sure to please. Tender beef roast infused with garlic and simmered in a horseradish wine sauce!
- 1- 7 to 8 Pound Bottom Round Roast
- 10-12 Fresh Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Horseradish
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cup Water or Low Sodium Beef Broth
- Gravy (Optional) Following
- 4 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Peel, clean and thinly slice garlic cloves. Clean fat from roast. Insert garlic cloves into the roast spacing about 1 1/2 to 2″ apart and about 1″ deep.
- Heat olive in large skillet. Rub roast with oregano, pepper, paprika and salt. Brown well on all sides.
- Place roast in large crock pot. Spread the horseradish even over the top of the roast and top with sliced sweet onion.
- Pour wine, Worcestershire sauce and water or beef broth around the roast. It should just cover the top. Set crock pot on high and cook for about 8 to 9 hours for a large roast. If you are cooking a smaller roast, then simply cut the ingredients in half and set your crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with whipped potatoes and a vegetable side dish or green salad.
- If you like, you can make gravy from the broth:
- Beef Gravy:
- Place 2 cups of the broth in a 2 or 3 quart saucepan. Turn heat to medium high. Mix well together 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour with 1/2 cup water. Whisk into the broth, stirring constantly until gravy is thickened. Serve with roast and whipped potatoes.
Leave a review or comment