Chicken Roasted With Garlic And Herbs
- 2 x chicken, No.18
- 1/10 tsp black pepper
- 1 x bayleaf
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 x garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. fresh herbs
- 2 x onions, medium
- Preheat oven to 380F/200C degrees.
- Peel and slice onion.
- Peel and roughly chop garlic.
- Sprinkle the chickens inside and out with pepper.
- Put the garlic, bay leaf and fresh herbs inside the chicken cavities, rub the chicken all over with oil and season.
- Place in a roasting pan and arrange the onion, neck and gizzard around it. Roast for 1 hour, basting at 10-minute intervals.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, prepare sauce from pan drippings.
- Serve on a platter decorated with fresh herbs and roast vegetables.
Leave a review or comment