Crispy KangkongPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
A nice and fun toeat appetizer. This is a must try.
- Bunch of Kangkong Leaves, stalks removed
- BATTER • 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup ICE COLD Water
- • Canola Oil for Frying
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Calamansi or Lemon Juice
- pinch of Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Oil(optional)
- 1/4 tsp Chili pepper (optional)
- Mix together the batter ingredients and place inside the refrigerator while the Kangkong is being prepped.
- Pat dry the separated Kangkong leaves, and dredge in cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat up the cooking oil using medium low heat.
- Take out the batter mix from the ref and dip each Kangkong leaf, and drop one by one without crowding them in the oil.
- Cook until golden brown about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown, then set on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve while hot with the dipping sauce.
Leave a review or comment