Crispy Ground Turkey TostadasPrep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
These fresh, healthy, delicious Crispy Ground Turkey Tostadas are made with lots of taco spices, sassy poblano and tasty pickled red onions.
- 2 Limes
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 6 Cilantro Sprigs
- 1 poblano pepper, core, remove seeds and white ribs
- 1 Chayote, peeled, halved and remove seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup guacamole
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Zest the limes and put into a very small bowl separately, then halve and juice the limes into another small bowl.
- Peel and halve the red onion and then thinly slice each half and add it to another small bowl.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and stir into the crema or sour cream. Set aside. Add the rest of the lime juice to the onions and stir in ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir and set aside for topping later (let onions marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes).
- Mince the cilantro leaves and stems, and set aside. Chop the poblano pepper and the chayote into small ½” dice.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place the tortillas on a large baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until crisped and lightly brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- To the browned vegetables, add half the cilantro, the lime zest, ¼ teaspoon salt and onion powder. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside. In the same frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and the ground turkey. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Stir in the taco seasoning, the chili powder and the water. Cook for another 4 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- To assemble tostadas, spread each crisped tortilla with some of the guacamole, and then top with vegetables, ground turkey, cheese, pickled onions, lime crema and remaining cilantro.
Leave a review or comment