Turkey Salisbury Steaks with MushroomsPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Julia Ann Souders57 recipes>
Ground turkey patties smothered in mushroom gravy to make a distinctively different satisfying dinner. ©2007-2015 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com All rights reserved.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fine ground whole wheat saltines
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- spice blend to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon whole dried thyme
- 1/4 cup flour for coating the patties
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 4 ounce can mushroom slices, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients together from turkey to the thyme.
- Make 4 thick patties with the turkey mixture.
- Dredge in flour, set in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Melt the oil and butter.
- Brown the patties on both sides with moderate heat.
- Remove patties to plate; keep warm while making gravy.
- Add the remaining flour to the fat in the skillet, brown.
- Add the chicken broth and milk.
- With wire whisk, stir to a smooth and thickened gravy.
- Add more broth or milk as needed for right consistency.
- Fold in the mushrooms.
- Add the turkey patties and cover with gravy.
- Heat through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, brown rice or noodles.
Leave a review or comment