Creamy Chicken AlfredoPrep: 40 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Tim Campbell5 recipes>
A hearty creamy pasta meal everyone will enjoy! Found this from Rambling Cafe.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -8 ounce package sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Marsala, dry sherry or white wine
- 2 boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch fresh young asparagus tips, blanched or steamed, (or 1 -9 oz package frozen asparagus cuts separated yet kept frozen)
- 4 servings cooked egg noodles, pasta or rice
- Alfredo Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 2 garlic toes, minced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-n-half cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and swirl pan to coat the bottom. Toss in the mushrooms, onions, thyme and pepper. Let cook undisturbed until browning starts to appear and then stir in the Marsala. Add the chicken and allow to come to a boil; reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring often until chicken turns to a lighter color (white) on the outside yet still pink on the inside. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Scatter asparagus on top of chicken mixture, add cover and remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, make the sauce by melting the butter on medium heat and whisking in the flour and chicken bouillon; stir a couple of minutes to blend and cook out the raw flour taste. Whisk in the next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer a few more minutes until sauce has thickened. Stir in the cheese and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine about 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce with the pasta.
- Plate or arrange on serving platter the cooked pasta, the chicken mixture using a slotted spoon followed with ladling the remaining sauce over the top. Garnish with more Parmesan or chopped parsley.
Leave a review or comment