Cream of Garlic SoupPrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
Unlike French Onion Soup onions need not to be browned over a low flame for this recipe therefore I consider it a great quick weeknight soup also. Meanwhile you are preparing for the main course the soup is ready and then the whole family can sit around, enjoy soup and share how was the day.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 onion, sliced
- 6 ¾ cup chicken stock (see recipe here) or vegetable stock
- 6 ¾ cup light cream
- Salt and black pepper, as per taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan add garlic and onion and cook until soft but not brown, for about 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Add cream and stock to the onion and garlic, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Once the soup is reduced purée in a blender and strain; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with grilled toast and drizzle olive oil on top just before serving.
Leave a review or comment