Crazy Queso DipPrep: 3 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Crazy Chorizo Queso Dip is DELICIOUS sausage and creamy Cheddar and Jack, mixed with zesty spiced chilies that will get your guests up and out of their seats!
- 10 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 oz jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz chorizo sausage, bulk or links with casings removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- ⅛ cup cream cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Shred the cheddar cheese and jack cheese and set aside in a bowl.
- Sauté the chorizo in a large skillet over medium high heat until it is cooked through and crispy. While it cooks, use your spoon to break up the sausage into little bits, stirring constantly.
- Scoop the sausage from the skillet and place it on a plate that is lined with a paper towel.
- To the drippings that are still in the skillet, add in the butter. Melt it over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk them together. Let them cook together for two minutes.
- Pour in the evaporated milk, and whisk together. Bring this up to a gentle simmer and cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the cream cheese and half of the shredded cheeses. Stir until it has melted all together. Add the other half of the cheese and stir together.
- Add in the diced tomatoes with green chilies and all of the peppers and spices.
- Finally, add in all (except 2 tablespoons) of your cooked chorizo and stir it all together until well blended. Reserve the 2 tablespoons of the chorizo to sprinkle on top as a garnish before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment