Cranberry Mousse Jello Mold SaladPrep: 20 min Servings: 20by Angie Morris2 recipes>
This Cranberry Mousse Jello Mold Salad has been a favorite in our family for many years especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I found it in a magazine years ago and credit for this goes to Helen Clement of Hemet, California. I chose to reduce her nutmeg amount from 1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon , which gives it just a tiny hint of nutmeg, you may not even notice it. This jello mold is so delicious! And so pretty! It is a nice contrast on the plate (and palate!) with a meat and gravy meal. Enjoy!
- 1 (6-ounce) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Set aside.
- 2. Drain the can of crushed pineapple in a sieve over a bowl, saving the juice. Set aside the crushed pineapple and add all the pineapple juice to the gelatin.
- 3. Stir in the whole cranberry sauce, lemon juice, lemon peel, and nutmeg.
- 4. Chill in the refrigerator uncovered for about 1 and 1/2 hours, or until the mixture thickens.
- 5. With a rubber spatula, fold in the sour cream, crushed pineapple, and pecans.
- 6. Pour the mixture into a glass serving bowl or a greased or sprayed 9-cup mold.
- 7. Chill in the refrigerator until set, at least 2 hours.
Leave a review or comment