Corn Bread And Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
- 6 x pork rib or possibly loin chops, 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick (about 4 pounds)
- 4 slc bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pcs
- 1 med onion, minced ( 1/2 c.)
- 1 sm green bell pepper, minced ( 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. corn bread stuffing crumbs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp dry marjoram leaves
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Make a pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward bone. Cook bacon in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, till crisp. Stir in onion and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 min, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are crisp-tender; remove from heat. Drain. Stir in stuffing crumbs and water till well mixed. Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with seasoned salt, marjoram and pepper. Fill each pocket with about 1/3 c. corn bread mix. Cook pork in same skillet over medium heat, turning once, till brown. Place pork in ungreased 9-by-13 pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 min. Uncover and bake about 15 min longer or possibly till pork is slightly pink when cut near bone.
Leave a review or comment