Coconut PuttuPrep: 10 min Servings: 2by Padma Priya Manikam62 recipes>
This is simple light breakfast or tea-break steamed snack made out of rice flour that is readily available in the supermarket. It is best mixed with grated coconut and sugar. If wish to eat it with curry, then exclude the sugar. May also include small cut pieces of ripe banana when steaming for a variant in taste.
- 1/2 cup of puttu rice flour
- Water to sprinkle
- 2-3 tbsp grated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- Sugar to taste
- Put the puttu flour into a big bowl and keep adding water to form bread-crumb like consistency (do not add too much water or it will become lumpy like a dough).
- Add a pinch of salt to the flour mixture and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Then add the grated coconut into the mixture and steam the puttu till you see the steam.
- Remove from heat, transfer onto a plate/bowl and mix with sugar according to your taste.
Leave a review or comment