Classic Crab Cakes | Old Fashioned Crab Crab CakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 3by Amrita6 recipes>
For seriously tasty crab cakes,we need just crab and a little seasoning. 90% crab and 10% seasoning is what I'm talking about.Do not be tempted to add anything else okay. Adding potato,peppers,ginger,garlic and other fillers totally ruin the delicate flavour of crab cakes. So please please please skip it.PLEASE. If you wish to have a Crab Cake that tastes like crab,then keep reading.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4/5 tsp spring onion chopped fine
- 2 cups crab meat -white crab meat is what i used
- 1 cup mayo - Please do not use eggless.Use the real stuff.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs beaten with 3/4 tsp water and a pinch salt - For coating
- 2 tsp Old bay seasoning - Must for this dish
- Flour - For dusting the cakes.
- 1 cup bread crumbs to add to the crab mix - Panko is what i use,its my favourite.
- 2 tsp Butter to saute the onions
- 1 cup bread crumbs to coat before frying.
- 2 Green chili chopped fine (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Saute onion,green chili and spring onion with butter (no oil) till soft,then allow the butter mix to cool.
- Now in another bowl,mix the crab meat,mayo,onion and butter mix,panko,salt, old bay seasoning and mustard.Mix till well combined.
- Roll into the size patty you want (i make mine medium) and dust with flour.Chill for 1 hour.
- Yes you need to chill it,no excuse for this.Something bad happens if you wont chill it.
- Are you scared? Good,now you will.
- After one hour,dip the cakes in the beaten eggs and water mix,then roll in bread crumbs (Panko).
- Now shallow fry these darlings till crispy and crabby.Oh ya Crabby !
Leave a review or comment