Christmas Cookies-KulkulsPrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by Paul Anderson Lumen9 recipes>
Christmas Sweets in India
- Bombay rava/ semolina 100 gms
- All purpose flour/maida 100 gms
- Wheat flour 100 gms
- Sugar (powdered) 50 gms
- Egg (beaten) 1
- Ghee (melted) 3 table spoon
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Dry fry the rava in a pan. Take a big bowl and mix the rava, maida, wheat flour, sugar, ghee, egg, essence & salt. Take a little warm water and add to these contents and make a dough. If you have a food processor you can make the dough in it. Add the water little by little or else it can become sticky because of the sugar. Cover the dough and keep aside for about 1 hour. Take little by little dough & make small balls, flatten it on the back of fork or on a new comb and roll it. Apply a little oil on the fork or comb so that the dough does not stick and rolls out evenly.
- After preparing all the kukuls, Take a wok or kadai and heat the oil. Deep fry the kulkuls few at a time. Remove when golden brown. When it is cool you can store it in an air tight container. You can store it right upto a month. You will get about 50 cookies/kulkuls.
Leave a review or comment