Chocolate Christmas LogPrep: 1 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Vijay Dhawan28 recipes>
A Christmas treat the kids will enjoy helping to make, with an unusual minty filling.
- Serves 12-13 people
- • 1 chocolate Swiss roll, see Chocolate Chestnut Roulade
- • 1 quantity of Chocolate ganache or Buttercream
- • FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING
- • 200g / 7oz fine quality white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- • 475ml /16 fl oz /2 cups double cream
- • 30ml / 2 tbsp brandy or chocolate –flavored liqueur (optional)
- FOR THE CRANBERRY SAUCE
- • 450g / 1lb fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- • 275g / 10oz / 1 cup seedless raspberry preserve
- • 115g / 4oz / ½ cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1. Make the cranberry sauce. Process the cranberries in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, until liquid. Press through a sieve into a small bowl, and discard pulp. Stir in the melted raspberry preserve and the sugar to taste. If the sauce is to thick, add a little water to thin. Cover and place in the fridge.
- 2. Make the filling. In a small pan, heart the chocolate with 120ml /4fl oz / ½ cup of the cream until melted, stirring. Strain into a bowl and cool to room temperature. In a separate bowl, beat the brandy or liqueur until soft peaks from: fold into the chocolate.
- 3. Unroll the Swiss roll, spread with the mixture and roll up again from a long end. Cut off a quarter of the roll a an angle and arrange both pieces on a cake board to resemble a log.
- 4. If using chocolate ganache for the topping , allow it to soften to room temperature , the beat to a soft, spreading consistency. Cover the log with ganache or buttercream and mark it with a fork to resemble bark. Dust lightly with icing sugar and top with a sprig of holly or similar Christmas decoration. Serve with the cranberry sauce.
Leave a review or comment