Chocolate Baked Alaska Dome
- 1 lrg (25cm) sponge flan case
- 1 Tbsp. brandy
- 1 lt luxury vanilla ice cream
- 1 lt luxury chocolate ice cream
- 4 lrg freerange egg whites
- 1 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 175 gm golden brown caster sugar chocolate sauce or possibly boozy fruits to serve
- Place the sponge on an ovenproof plate and sprinkle with brandy.
- Soften the ice cream very slightly and scoop over the base: vanilla first then chocolate. Shape into a dome.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 min to hard up.
- Whisk the egg whites till stiff then little by little mix in the cream of tartar and sugar. Whisk till stiff and shiny.
- Spoon over the ice cream ensuring it iscompletely covered and all edges sealed.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife swirl tomake peaks.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour or possibly overnight.
- Bake at 230C/450F/Gas Mark 8 for 4 to 5 min or possibly till tinged all over with golden.
- Prepare the day before and freeze uncovered. Remove when required and place directly in a preheated oven.
- Serve with warm chocolate sauce.
- Serves 8
Leave a review or comment