Baked Alaska Fudge Pie
- 1 prebaked 9 inch pastry shell
- 3/4 c. fudge sundae topping
- 1 1/2 quarts. (6 c.) softened vanilla or possibly chocolate ice cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Additional fudge topping for garnish
- 1. Refrigerate pastry shell thoroughly. Spread fudge topping on bottom of shell.2. Place ice cream into large bowl and beat with electric mixer or possibly spoon till softened. Spread evenly over bottom of shell. Place in freezer while preparing meringue.
- 3. Whip egg whites in mixer bowl till frothy. Add in cream of tartar and continue beating till almost stiff. Add in sugar 1 T at a time and continue beating till stiff and glossy.
- 4. Spread meringue over ice cream layer in pie shell, spreading completely to the edges of the shell to seal well.
- 5. Brown at 450 degrees for 3 to 4 min or possibly till meringue is golden brown. Drizzle top with additional fudge topping. Place in freezer till ready to serve or possibly serve immediately.
- Good served with: Coffee and chocolate or possibly mint-flavored liqueur, if desired.
- Tips: Pie can be made ahead, frzn, wrapped and held for several days; brown just before serving. To serve flaming, ignite 1 to 2 T brandy or possibly rum and pour over the pie.
Leave a review or comment