Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 c. brown or possibly brown basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil divided
- 3 x Large eggs beaten, (optional)
- 1 bag frzn mixed vegetables - (16 ounce) thawed
- 4 x scallions - (to 5) thinly sliced Natural soy sauce to taste
- Combine the rice with 4 c. of water in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently till the water is absorbed, about 35 min.
- If using Large eggs, heat half of the oil in a medium-wide skillet. When warm, add in the beaten Large eggs. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Cover, and cook till the Large eggs are set on top. Flip and cook briefly on the other side, then slide the egg pancake onto a plate. When cold sufficient to handle, cut into strips about 1/2-inch wide by 1 1/2 inches long.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or possibly stir-fry pan. Add in the mixed vegetables and stir-fry till they are just tender-crisp. Add in the cooked rice and scallions. Season to taste with soy sauce and stir fry over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 min. Stir in the optional egg strips and serve, passing around extra soy sauce if you'd like.
- This recipe yields 6 or possibly more servings.
- Comments: Serve this with some pan-sauteed tofu on the side, and perhaps some sliced tomatoes and bell peppers.
Leave a review or comment