Chinese Duck SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 16by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
It's really hard to find a pre-made gluten-free duck sauce. So here's a great recipe.
- 1/2 Lb. Plums, Pitted & Roughly Chopped
- 6 Oz. Dried Apricots, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp. Mustard Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- Place plums, apricots, apple juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, mustard powder, and crushed red pepper in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and let cook until fruit is completely softened and sauce thickens, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree until smooth with an immersion blender or in a regular blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately, or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- YIELD: 2 Cups
Leave a review or comment