Chilli Honey Clams (Lala)Prep: 1 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Cooked with red chillies, key essential ingredients and flavored with oyster sauce, soy sauce and naturally sweetened with honey.
- 900g clam/lala - soaked, rinsed and drained out the water
- 1 tbsp dried red chillies paste
- 5 shallots - sliced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 stalks of spring onion - sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour - mixed with a bit of water
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste (if needed)
- When oil heated, saute shallots.
- Add blended chillies, garlic and ginger
- Fry till aromatic and oil splits.
- Put in clams/lala, oyster sauce, dark sauce, honey and salt to taste (add salt sparingly as oyster and soy sauce are also salty)
- Mix and stir all together.
- Cook until clams opens up.
- To thicken, combine in diluted corn flour.
- Stir, off heat and combine in spring onion.
Leave a review or comment