packed with nutritious beans and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 19-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen (thawed) or fresh
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 19-ounce can mild red or green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the pan. Top with half the vegetable mixture, half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Repeat with one more layer of tortillas, vegetables, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the casserole is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Leave a review or comment