Chicken With Potatoes, Sun Dried Tomatoes And Artichokes
- 1 3/4 lb small red potatoes scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. sun-dry tomatoes (don't rehydrate) coarsely cut up
- 1/4 tsp garlic pepper
- 5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 6 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c. roasted red pepper strips
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (13.75 ounce.) rinsed and well liquid removed
- 3 Tbsp. liquid removed capers
- 1/4 c. minced fresh basil
- Place the potatoes in an electric slow cooker. Sprinkle 1/2 c. of the sun-dry tomatoes and the garlic pepper over the potatoes. Drizzle on 3 Tbsp. of the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 2 hrs. Reduce the heat setting to low.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. sun-dry tomatoes, the roasted red pepper strips, and the artichoke hearts over the chicken. Cover and cook on low about 3 hrs, or possibly till the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Drizzle the remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar over the top and garnish with the capers and basil.
- For a truly Mediterranean touch, crumble a little goat cheese or possibly feta cheese over the top of this dish when serving.
Leave a review or comment