Chicken With Peppers, Zucchini And Tomatoes On Angel Hair
- 1/2 c. sun-dry tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grnd red pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders cut 3/4" pcs
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 c. dry vermouth
- 1 can diced Italian-style tomatoes - (14 1/2 ounce)
- 2 sm zucchini sliced
- 1 lrg red bell pepper cut thin strips
- 1 lrg yellow bell pepper cut thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves (or possibly 1 tspn dry thyme leaves)
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 lb uncooked angel hair pasta
- Place sun-dry tomatoes in small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let tomatoes soak for 5 - 10 min or possibly till soft. Drain; cut into slivers.
- Combine flour, salt and red pepper in medium bowl; mix well. Add in chicken; toss till proportionately coated.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken; cook without stirring 3 to 4 min or possibly till golden brown. Turn chicken; cook 3 min longer.
- Add in garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add in vermouth; stir to loosen skillet drippings. Add in canned tomatoes, dry tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, thyme and water; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 min or possibly till zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside and keep hot.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Transfer to large serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; garnish with thyme sprigs, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment