Tuscan Chicken with Peppers and PastaPrep: 25 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie396 recipes>
This skillet meal makes a healthy stovetop supper and won't heat up the kitchen doing so.
- 1 lb. each boneless/skinless chicken breast and thighs, cut into 3-ounce size portions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more as needed)
- 1 onion, cut in half and then sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 each green, red and yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut in 1/2" strips
- 1 can 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or use equivalent chicken paste + water)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil minced plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of choice (optional) such as linguine, spaghetti, cooked al dente according to package directions
- Parmesan to garnish (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with oil.
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces. Brown them on both sides in heated skillet over medium heat. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet saute onions until translucent; add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add bell pepper strips and cook stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, oregano and chicken and its drippings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Temperature in thickest portions of chicken should reach 165 degrees F.
- Check for seasoning. Serve on top or beside pasta of choice, and sprinkle with additional minced basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings
Leave a review or comment