Chicken with HarissaPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Chicken with Harissa-is a delicious, easy, quick and spicy grilled chicken meal recipe. A North African Style grilling recipe. It is well spiced and also includes grilled vegetables with a red pepper harissa. It is a quick 35 minute recipe.
- 1 (4 oz) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium size yellow summer squash, halved crosswise, cut lengthwise
- into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium size zucchini, halved crosswise, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 small boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (about 1lb total)
- Place roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon each of the oil and vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin, the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and crushed red pepper in a blender or food processor; cover. Process or blend until a chunky sauce forms. (Do not puree.) Set aside.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon each oil and vinegar, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt in small bowl. Place vegetables in large bowl. Add 1/2 of the spice mixture; toss to coat well. Place chicken in another bowl. Add remaining spice mixture; turn to coat well.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill chicken 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill vegetables 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender-crisp.
Leave a review or comment