Chicken Teriyaki Stir FryPrep: 25 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 5by Salad Foodie404 recipes>
This recipe was featured in "30 Minute Meals" (Rachael Ray Magazine 6/15) and we agreed it's a keeper. I didn't meet the half hour timeline though, because while the cooking is fast, there's measuring and chopping to accomplish. Nevertheless I think you'll enjoy serving this healthy and satisfying stir fry. Note: Beef or pork would make a good meat substitute.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine) or dry sherry, white wine, etc.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Asian red chile pepper (or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons stir-fry oil or high temperature cooking oil such as peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (I substituted a 7.5 ounce bottle of sliced mushrooms, draining and adding them with the cooked chicken in the last step)
- 1 bunch scallions or green onions, halved lengthwise, whites and greens cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Cooked rice (optional)
- In a large deep skillet bring 2 inches of water to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce and marinate 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, chicken stock, mirin, cornstarch and chile pepper to make the sauce; set aside.
- Salt the boiling water and add green beans, cooking until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water; let cool. Drain; pat dry.
- In a large non-stick skillet or a wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high. When it ripples and begins to smoke, add the chicken in a single layer and stir-fry until browned, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet or wok; cook the mushrooms until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the green beans and cook until they blister, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the scallions, garlic and ginger; toss for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the sauce; toss again.
- Return the chicken to the skillet; toss to combine. Serve with cooked rice (optional).
- Yield 4 to 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment