Chicken Pesto SaladPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Chicken Pesto Salad is a delicious recipe for a creamy Italian dinner salad. Made with healthier for you ingredients. It is a healthy, low calories, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic and Weight Watchers (8) PointsPlus recipe. Makes (4) Servings with a generous (2-1/2 cup) serving size. A good option for lunch or a light dinner and takes only 30 to 35 minutes total time from start to finish.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 (5 oz) bag mixed salad greens (about 8 cups)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place chicken in a medium size saucepan and add water to cover 1 inch above the chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board; shred into bite-size pieces when cool enough to handle.
- Combine pesto, mayonnaise and onion in a medium size bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens and tomatoes and toss to coat. Divide 2 cups green salad on each of 4 plates and top with 1/2 cup chicken salad per plate.
Leave a review or comment