Chicken Kabob or Thigh Moroccan StylePrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This is one of our favorite BBQ recipes. It always earns raves from our guests. Normally I do this on skewers. But if it is just for our family, and we are pressed for time, we sometimes just marinate boneless, skinless thighs in this marinade and cook them whole. Either way works well. You can make extra marinade and apply it to vegetables too! (Pictured as full chicken thigh with eggplant grilled in same marinade, and Spicy Shrimp Moroccan Style --see separate recipe.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, boned & skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 generous pinch Cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt (use less if using salted peanuts)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken cubes, garlic, onion, cilantro, paprika, cayenne, cumin, salt, and olive oil. (Tip, chop the onion very fine...use a processor or blender if you have one handy.) Stir to coat the chicken and leave to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Put 6-8 pieces of chicken on each skewer, keeping as much marinade as possible on the chicken.
- Grill the pieces on all sides on a BBQ (or under a hot broiler) for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is crispy but not burnt. Turn at least once.
- Finely chop the roasted peanuts in a blender or food processor. When the chicken is done, place the skewers on a plater, sprinkle with the roasted peanuts, and serve.
Leave a review or comment