Chicken Fingers With Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3 c. corn flakes
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fat-free egg substitute
- 3 Tbsp. skim lowfat milk
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. nonfat mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Place corn flakes in a blender or possibly food processor and process into crumbs. You should get about 3/4 c. crumbs. Adjust amount if necessary. Combine corn flake crumbs, poultry seasoning and pepper in a shallow dish. Stir to mix well and set aside. Combine the egg substitute and lowfat milk in a shallow dish. Stir to mix well and set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast half into five long strips. Dip each strip first in the egg mix, then in the crumb mix, turning to coat each side with the crumbs. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the strips in a single layer on the sheet.
- Spray tops of strips lightly with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 15 min or possibly till strips are golden and no longer pink inside.
- While chicken is baking, place all sauce ingredients in a small dish and stir to mix well. Arrange the chicken strips on a serving platter and serve warm accompanied by the bowl of sauce.
Leave a review or comment