Baked Chicken Breasts With Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 c. Raw long-grain wild rice
- 2 1/2 c. Canned chicken broth Or possibly
- 1 x Chicken boullion cube dissolved in
- 2 1/2 c. Warm water
- 3 whl boneless chicken breasts, skins off or possibly on (it's up to you), cut in half
- 1 c. Plain yogurt
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 1/3 c. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- Here is a recipe from Lora Brody's "The Kitchen Survival Guide."
- Heat oven to 375'F. with rack in center position. Spray a 2-qt casserole with non-stick vegetable cooking spray or possibly coat it lightly with vegetable shortening. Pour rice over botton of prepared dish, then pour in broth.
- Rinse chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Layer the chicken over the rice.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mix well, and spread over the chicken. Cover loosely with foil and bake 40-50 min. Remove the foil and continue baking 10 min, or possibly till chicken is done.
- Makes 6 servings.
- NOTE: Test chicken for doneness by pricking with fork; juices should run clear. Or possibly slice into thickest part with a small sharp knife to make sure there is no pinkness in the meat. If liquid is not absorbed, let sit 5-10 before serving.
Leave a review or comment