Chicken Enchilada CasserolePrep: 45 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 24by Ella Mangelos Velthoen64 recipes>
A delicious variation of chicken enchiladas, so yummy. Most ingredients were in my pantry.
- 2 Large onions
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 Cans dice peppers
- 1 Can chicken broth
- 2 Envelopes of taco seasoning
- 27 Corn tortillas
- 1 Large container sour cream
- 2 Cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 6 Cups shredded Mexican Cheese Mix
- Chop onions and saute in heavy skillet until soft then add minced garlic
- Add chicken soup, dice peppers, chicken broth to thin the soup mixture, allow to simmer 10 minutes
- Add taco seasoning and sour cream, saute 10 more minutes
- Get a large pan 16 X 12
- Spoon soup mixture on the bottom, then lay tortillas (uncooked) on top of mixture.
- Add chicken on top of tortillas, sprinkle a generous amount of cheese and add 1/3 of soup mixture
- Repeat this process
- Then place a last layer of tortillas with soup mixture then generously top this with remaining cheese.
- Garnish with olive slices if you would like
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes
Leave a review or comment