Chicken, Artichoke, and Spinach Calzone
from Cook's Country, Oct/Nov 2011
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 9 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, patted dry, and chopped
- 2 oz (2 cups) baby spinach
- 6 oz low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (1-lb) ball ready made pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine chicken, artichokes, spinach, mozzarella, feta, basil, salt, and pepper in bowl.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured counter, roll dough into two 9-inch rounds. Working one at a time, place half of filling over half of dough, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Brush edges with water, fold dough over filling, and crimp to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and remaining filling.
- Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 Tbsp oil. Transfer calzones to prepared sheet and cut two 1-inch slits in the top of each calzone. Brush calzones with remaining 1 Tbsp oil and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve.
Leave a review or comment