Cherry ice creamPrep: 45 min Cook: 4 hours Servings: 6by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica490 recipes>
Wonderfully aromatic and refreshing homemade ice cream.
- 1 ½ cups pitted cherries (from about ¾ lb cherries)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ¾ cups cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs Amaretto (optional)
- Put cherries, milk, one cup of the cream, sugar, and salt into a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat until the mixture is steamy, then lower the heat and let sit for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a blender, and carefully purÃ©e ( because of the hot liquid).
- Put mixture into a large bowl and stir in the remaining Â¾ cup of cream. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator until completely cold.
- Stir in cornstarch, lemon juice and Amaretto.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
- Serving: take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.
Leave a review or comment