Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta BakePrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 2by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
This One-Pot Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta is perfect for the upcoming fall season. It has a beautiful orange color that just blends with the mood of the season.
- 200-grams penne pasta
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon pizza/pasta sauce
- half a bunch of spinach chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup pizza cheese (mozzarella cheese) sliced
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water with a dash of salt. Once it is cooked as per your preference, strain it and set aside. Reserve 1/4 Cup of boiled pasta water.
- Reserve 1/4 Cup of boiled pasta water. Set aside to use later.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute garlic and red chili flakes for a minute.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pasta sauce, seasoning, salt and the reserved boiled pasta water. Stir to combine.
- Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes before adding the pasta.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 9-inch square/rectangle baking dish with a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the boiled pasta in the sauce. Mix nicely to evenly coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to the greased baking dish. Cover it with grated cheese and pizza cheese slices.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or till cheese melts and form a crust on top of the pasta.
- Serve Pumpkin Pasta warm with the toasted bread slice.
Leave a review or comment