Cheese And Pasta Bake
- 8 ounce Pasta shells, (225g)
- 1 Tbsp. Veg. oil
- 4 ounce Unsmoked bacon - derinded and minced, (100g)
- 6 ounce Button mushrooms - sliced, (175g)
- 2 1/2 ounce Butter, (65g)
- 2 1/2 ounce Plain flour, (65g)
- 1 1/4 pt Lowfat milk, (750ml)
- 1/4 tsp Schwartz Grnd Mace
- 8 ounce Mature Cheddar cheese - grated, (225g)
- 2 ounce Fresh breadcrumbs, (50g)
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese - grated, (15g)
- Preheat oven to 400F, 200C, Gas Mark 6. Cook the pasta shells according to the manufacturer's instructions. Drain. Heat the oil and gently fry the bacon and mushrooms till tender. Meanwhile heat the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook gently for 1-2 min. Off the heat, stir in the lowfat milk. Add in the Mace, return to the heat and bring to boil stirring continuously to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from the heat, add in the cheese, pasta shells, bacon and mushrooms. Pour into a large ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan and bake for 25-30 min till golden brown.
Leave a review or comment