Cheesy potatoesPrep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Ella Mangelos Velthoen51 recipes>
This is a hearty dish that I serve with eggs in the morning, or as a side dish for a fried dish, like pork chops, fried chicken or even a nice steak. My husband loves these hearty potatoes, I think anything with cheese makes him happy..
- 1 slice onion, sliced thinly
- 5-6 medium sliced red potatoes
- 1/2 lb Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cube of butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- Spray a large cast iron pan with cooking spray, or melt a bit of butter and swirl around
- Slice onions thinly
- Slice potatoes thinly
- Grate Cheddar Cheese reserve three slim slices for melting on top
- Melt butter in sauce pan and add milk and whisk in flour.
- Cook sauce till thickens a bit
- Add grated Cheddar cheese, blend
- Mix onions and potatoes in bowl, pour sauce over and continue to blend
- Pour into cast iron and top with slices of cheese and bake at 375 for 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.
Leave a review or comment