Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 can (8 ounce. each) unsalted tomato sauce
- 2 can (16 ounce. each) unsalted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley Filling
- 2 c. non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 x egg whites
- 1/4 c. minced parsley
- 1 dsh pepper
- 8 ounce uncooked manicotti shells (15 pcs)
- 1 c. water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare sauce: Saute/fry garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Add in tomato sauce and tomatoes slowly. Stir in oregano and parsley. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 min to 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 5 c..
- Combine filling ingredients and stuff uncooked manicotti shells using small butter knife. Fill bottom of 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with 2 c. tomato sauce. Arrange stuffed manicotti shells in a single layer over sauce side by side. Cover dish with foil and bake for 3 c. sauce and pour 1 c. water over sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake for 50 min. Remove foil and bake another 10 min.
- Serves 5-6.
Leave a review or comment