These can be served either as munchies for cocktail parties or as an after-dinner savoury.For kids this is an ideal yet quite healthy snack to munch on.It is a staple in my house during any holidays or for any kids party.
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 an egg yolk
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry or fresh rosemary crushed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- a little less than 1/4 cup butter
- Just a little water
- A pinch of sugar(optional)
- Pre-heat oven for 12 mins.
- Mix together flour and seasonings,rosemary,salt ans sugar(if adding).
- Rub in butter till the flour mixture looks crumbly.Then add grated cheese,rub further.
- Mix the egg yolk and just enough water to get a smooth,fairly stiff dough.Mix well.
- Roll the dough out thinly and cut most of it in narrow straws of even length and thickness.
- Bake at 425 F for ...about 15-20 mins or till the straws look lightly golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
Leave a review or comment