4 Cheese Manicotti
- 12 x Manicotti uncooked
- 1/2 c. onion finely minced
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese shredded, *See note
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 prt nonfat ricotta cheese (15 ounce) *See note
- 1 pkt garden vegetable flavor light cream cheese (6 ounce)
- 4 ounce light cream cheese *See note
- 1/2 pkt frzn minced spinach (10 ounce. ) thawed
- liquid removed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar tomato and herb pasta sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat: set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat till warm. Add in onion and garlic; saute/fry 3 min.
- Removefrom heat and set aside.
- Combine 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed till smooth. Stir in onion mix and spinach.
- Spoon mozzarella cheese mix into cooked manicotti about 1/3 c. per shell.
- Spread 1 c. sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Arrange stuffed manicottis and then spread remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese; cover and bake for 40 min. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 min or possibly till cheese has browned.
- Serving size 2 manicotti (6 servings)
- *Note: I used nonfat cheeses as much as possible and had no ill affect on the recipe. In fact my SAD friends were clamouring for the recipe and did not believe me when I said it was lofat. Just goes to show you.
- (I just remade this recipe this evening for dinner and used a fatfree spaghetti sauce which I got from the HFS along with some homemade fatfree manicotti which I got from my local pasta market. It was fabulous, I think even better than the original)
Leave a review or comment