Charlee's Killer Classic Chicken Pot PiePrep: 35 min Cook: 30-40 min Servings: 6by Charlee1 recipe>
Check out this all time family HIT!! It's complete with a flaky crust loaded with chicken, vegetables, a rich homemade white sauce & made with LOVE enjoyed all the way to the last bite!!
- 1box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 STICK OF BUTTER
- 1 SMALL ONION- ABOUT 2/3 CHOPPED ONION
- 1 TABLESPOON OF MINCED GARLIC (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT-YOU CAN WAIT TO SALT TILL ONCE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING MIXED IN THE POT BEFORE YOU PUT INTO CRUST TO BAKE
- 1/4 TEASPOON PEPPER
- 1 3/4 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK- I USE 1 TO 2 KNORR CHICKEN FLAVORED BOUILLON, HEAT IN MICROWAVE TILL HOT AND DISSOLVED
- 1/2 CUP MILK
- 2 1/2 CUPS CHOPPED OR SHREDDED COOKED CHICKEN OR TURKEY, I USE A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN OR LEFT OVER CHICKEN OR TURKEY BREAST FROM ANOTHER MEAL SOMETIMES. THE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN IS THE FASTEST FOR THIS RECIPE AND ADDS GOOD FLAVOR.
- 1 14.5OZ CAN DICED POTATOES
- 1 12OZ. BAG OF MIXED VEGETABLES STEAMED IN THE MICROWAVE
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Press one pie crust into a 9-inch DEEP DISH Pie Plate work up the sides too so you'll have some to mend the top one to - I USE A CERAMIC PIE PLATE. I DO NOT SPRAY MY PIE PLATE.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes or more, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, pepper & salt (if you choose to at this point otherwise wait till it's all mixed together before baking and than add your salt) until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken or turkey, potatoes & steamed mixed vegetables. Heat and stir till all contents are even temperature. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into your pie plate that has the raw lined crust in it. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places on top crust with a sharp knife or you can carve what ever you want like we do to make it a special dinner!!
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. I use my pie crust medal cover over the edges to prevent the edges of the pie crust getting to brown. You can also use strips of foil to cover the edges too. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, I pull off the cover or you can pull off the foil and let brown the edges of the crust. Let stand 5 to 15 minutes before serving. Contents will be HOT!!
- I HOPE THIS RECIPE WILL CATCH YOU IN THE KITCHEN TO MAKING A FAMILY MEAL A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!! HAPPY TRAILS IN THE KITCHEN- CHARLEE
Leave a review or comment