Cauliflower CurryPrep: 40 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
An aromatic curry, bolstered with rich flavors of spices and ghee/butter.
- 1/4 cauliflower (about 400g) - cut into florets.
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 1 tomato - sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp yogurt (stir to remove lumps)
- Spices - 1 cinnamon, 3 cloves and 1 star anise
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ghee/butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- For the curry paste (ground/blend)
- 1 tbsp almond stripes/5 almonds (without skin)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds/kas-kas - soaked in water for 15 mins
- 5 garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 5 shallots
- Plain curry powder - as needed
- Sauté onion and spices in heated ghee/butter plus oil.
- Add curry paste.
- Fry till aromatic and oil splits.
- Put in tomato and caulis.
- Pour about 1/2 liter water.
- Season with salt; stir and simmer till caulis are softened.
- Lastly add yogurt and curry leaves.
- Off the heat and give a good stir.
Leave a review or comment