I created this a while back for a pot-luck gathering, and the blend of ground beef, ranch style beans, cheddar cheese, and rice was a huge hit.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3-1/4 cups water
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large purple onion, chopped
- 1 fresh green onion (green part only), chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can ranch style beans (not drained)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart sauce pan, heat enough olive or vegetable oil to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- In heated oil, saute uncooked rice, two cloves of garlic, and green onion until rice begins to take on a brighter white appearance.
- Add water, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, brown beef in large skillet. Add garlic and onion while beef is browning.
- Stir in corn and beans.
- Spread cooked rice in a large casserole pan.
- Pour beef mixture over rice.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese melts and begins to brown on top (do not allow to burn - cover with foil halfway through bake time if needed).
- Optional: Top with pickled sliced jalapenos, chives, and/or sour cream before serving.
Leave a review or comment