Carrot Pineapple Nut BreadPrep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 30by Salad Foodie404 recipes>
Golden colors of sunrise greet you in a slice of Carrot Pineapple Nut Bread. And if the colors aren’t enough to pique your senses, the flavors will. Vanilla and cinnamon subtly elevate the feature ingredients - carrots and pineapple - but like a perfect marriage, none of them overpower one another. I think you’ll enjoy making and serving this delightful beauty!
- 3 cups flour (I use half all purpose flour and half either white whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 8.5"x 4 1/2" baking loaf pans with parchment paper, then grease lightly or spray them.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Add pineapple, carrots, nuts and flour mixture to large bowl and mix just until well combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake 40-50 minutes until nicely browned and tests done (dark pans will bake quicker than shiny.)
- Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- Each loaf yields about 15 slices, depending on size cut.
Leave a review or comment