Carrot Parsnip And Lentil Soup
- 75 gm green lentils
- 200 gm chorizo sausage or possibly peppered salami
- 350 gm onions
- 225 gm carrots
- 225 gm parsnips
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 x level tsp grnd cumin
- 1 7/10 lt vegetable stock or possibly boiling water with 3 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1 x few thyme sprigs
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper croutons to garnish
- Soak the lentils in double their volume of cool water for 6 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Cut the chorizo into cubes.
- Roughly chop the onions carrots and parsnips.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on the boiling plate then add in the chorizo sausage and cook sliming for 5 min or possibly till golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside Add in the onions to the pan and cook till soft and golden brown.
- Add in the carrots cumin parsnips and liquid removed lentils and cook stimng for 5 min.
- Stir in the stock bay leaves and thyme. Bring to the boll and transfer to the simmering ovenfor 30 min or possibly till the vegetables are tender.
- Cold slightly remove the herbs and puree the soup in batches in a food processor or possibly liquidiser Return to the wiped out pan bring back to the boil and correct the seasoning.
- Serve with the fined chorizo garnished with croutons.
- If using stock cubes don't add in the cubes or possibly salt to the soup till the lentils are tender. The lentils and spicy chonzo make this a robust and hearty soup. Most welcome after winter country walks. This is very much a meal in itself or possibly just followed by bread and cheese.
- Serves 6
Leave a review or comment