Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese FrostingPrep: 5 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 2by Peanut Butter and Peppers17 recipes>
If your a carrot cake fan than these pancakes are for you. A light, fluffy pancake full of shredded carrots topped with a cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt plain
- 2 egg Whites
- 1 tbsp. milk, non-fat
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1 dash cloves, ground
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- *Cream Cheese Topping***
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese, fat free at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional add ins: raisins and walnuts
- For Pancakes:
- Mix greek yogurt, milk, egg whites & vanilla extract into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, spices and salt. Mix and add carrots.
- Combine and whisk till evenly incorporated.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium, let the skillet heat up and add 1/4 cup of batter to skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip.
- About 2-3 minutes on each side
- For cream cheese topping:
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, cornstarch, milk, vanilla and cinnamon to a small bowl and whip together until combined.
- Add cream cheese topping to pancakes.
Leave a review or comment